The inaugural Motor Show EAST took place 2-3 June 2018 at Newmarket Racecourse. The event was proudly sponsored by Mattioli Woods plc and Greene King with their Old Speckled Hen brand. The skies were threatening all sorts of unpleasant weather on Saturday, but Sunday couldn't have been better.
We were honoured to have the British GT Championship driver Graham Davidson with us for the whole weekend as part of the Mattioli Woods plc display in the Millennium Grandstand. He even brought his Aston Martin V12 Vantage along with him, fresh from a podium finish at Snetterton the weekend before and visitors were even allowed to sit in the car for photos.
We were very pleased to welcome dealers and franchises from the region; Cambridge MG, Crown Garage Honda, EMG Kia, Cambridge Tesla, Rawlinson Mitsubishi, Cambridge Audi, Cambridge Subaru, Cambridge Ducati & EMG Mazda, along with specialists such as; CBS Automotive, Torque & Talk Owners Club, Wallis & Son, Jules Sturgess Automotive & Van System.
The collection of exotic cars was impressive; a black Porsche Carrera GT, a spectacular Aston Martin Vanquish Red Arrows Special Edition (1 of only 10!), a CAV GT40, two Ferraris, a whole brace of Aston Martins, a Jaguar E-Type FHC, two TVRs, several Lotus examples and a Jensen Interceptor!
We learned that a Tesla Model X could 'dance', sort of, much to the amusement of our visitors on Sunday. Two talented visitors drove the fastest lap times on our driving challenge simulators and won a karting experience for 4 at Red Lodge Karting.
We all had a great time, welcomed thousands of wonderful visitors and walked so many miles every day that we are seriously considering investing in a fleet of Segways for next year! Our sincere thanks to all those involved, the exhibitors, the sponsors, the venue team, the food caterers, the attraction stall holders and traders. But most of all, a huge thank you to the visitors that came along to the show and gave us such positive feedback. It is for you specifically that we will return next year, bigger and better.
On behalf of Red Dot Events and Iliffe Media, thank you. Thank you all.
Do you fancy yourself as a bit of a racing driver? Do you watch F1, Le Mans or GT3 and think to yourself "I could do that" ? Well, it's time to prove your skills to the world by having a free go on the driving simulators at Motor Show EAST, 2-3 June 2018.
The driver with the fastest lap time on each day will win tickets for 4 people to enjoy a karting experience at the fantastic Red Lodge Karting! It's FREE to enter so this really is a great opportunity to show off how good a driver you really are.
The simulators will be set up as the Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 racing car and the track will be for local track Snetterton, to honour the fact that there will be an actual V12 Vantage GT3 racing car displayed next to them, courtesy of our sponsor Mattiolo Woods plc.
To give you even more of a challenge, the driver of the Aston Martin, GT3 Racing Driver Graham Davidson, will set his own lap time on the simulators- can you beat him? Be warned though- he's just achieved his first podium finish of the season in the Aston Martin at Snetterton!
Our simulators are provided by Radical Simulation. Head over to the Millennium Grandstand during the motor show and set your lap time. You'll definitely have fun and you may even win a prize!
Click here to find out more about the karting experience at Red Lodge
Click here to find out more about Radical Simulation
Click here to find out more about Graham Davidson Racing
Click here to find out more about our sponsors Mattioli Woods plc.
Win A Karting Experience for 4
Competition Terms and conditions:
1. Promotion open to UK residents only, aged 7+.
2. This competition runs during the opening hours of Motor Show EAST (10.30am to 5.30pm Saturday 2nd June and Sunday 3rd June 2018) for visitors to the show who attempt a lap on the Radical Simulation Simulators located on the ground floor of the Millennium Grandstand at Newmarket Racecourse.
3. The person with the fastest lap time on each day will be given the prize of 4 individual ticket pdf vouchers for a Karting Experience at Red Lodge Karting, consisting of 4 open sessions of 15 minutes each.
4. The vouchers can only be used against open sessions and can not be used against any other event.
5. You will need to call the circuit to pre-book your sessions.
6. The vouchers must be presented at reception on the day of your pre-booked sessions.
7. A minimum age of 7 years and a minimum height of 119cm (maximum height 147cm) is required to drive a GX160 Cadet Kart- the junior kart suitable for 7 years to 11 years.
8. A minimum age of 7 years & a minimum height of 147cm is required to drive a GX200 Kart- the adult-sized Kart.
9. The prize is as described- there is no cash alternative.
10. This competition is promoted by Red Dot Events Limited, 9 Caxton House, Broad Street, Great Cambourne, Cambs CB23 6JN and Iliffe Media Limited, Winship Road, Milton, Cambs CB24 6PP.
2-3 June 2018